[at-l] Missing Day Hiker GSMNP

--
In a message dated 2/22/2003 7:54:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
plodder@juno.com writes:

> This mornings paper reported he walked into Cades Cove on his own.

I wonder what ever possessed this guy to leave his day pack behind?  Doesn't
make sense.

On another Smokies note, in other to track the 1700 bear that roam the park,
using  using DNA, they're going to set up barbed wire fur catchers baited
with food.  I just hope it's the bear's natural diet and not human food.

Sly