[at-l] Stoves grams and ounces

--
In a message dated 2/21/2003 2:45:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

> Borrowed a scale and went through weighing my backpacking gear. The
> mini-soda can stove I made come in at 0.4 grams (1.4 oz), with the simmer
> ring

umm,  for whats its worth,    there are 28 grams in an ounce... so if the
stove weighed  less than half a gram, than  it does not weigh 1.4  oz.
there are 15.62 or so grains in a gram and 28 grams in an ounce,   one small
paper clip weighs 6 grains as a comparison,  and would be close to 0.4 grams.

I have a RCBS model 304 Pharmasutical grade powder scale i use to measure
gunpowder and it weighs  down to 1/10th of one grain

train