[at-l] Re: Trail-related engineering stuff

I think 4,000 btu's, a half pound of wood, is enough to bring 13 quarts of water
to the boiling point, assuming the water starts at around 60 degrees and all the
heat from the Zip goes into boiling.

 Assuming 50 percent efficiency, 6.5 quarts of boiling water is quite a bit by
 thru-hiking standards. I haven't figured the energy needed for a 20 minute boil
 -- though I rarely need 20 minutes. Usually after 10 minutes, i throw a sweater
 over the pot and let the hot water finish the process.

  BTW, I don't guarantee my arithmetic.

 Weary