[at-l] Re: Gods and Generals

Speaking of Senator Robert Byrd, did anyone catch his recent speech on
the Senate floor about the current war drums that are a-beating?  Let me
first say that I have mixed feelings about the whole Iraq thing - no
easy answers - and somewhat mixed feelings about Byrd, who sometimes can
be a blowhard, and has some right interesting curveballs in his past
[who doesn't!?], but Byrd also is a sincere student of the Constitution,
and these days he is an all too lonely voice on the Senate Floor,
speaking things that at least need to be aired and solemnly considered.
  I believe parts of his recent speech may make the history books one day.

thru-thinker