[at-l] Pack weight

--

Congratulations, but you're pushing the max weight of of which the P-2 was
designed for.  Ideally you'll be able to drop anoth 5-7 pounds off your base
weight in the warmer months.

One rule of thumb, excluding a first aid kit, is if you don't use it in a
weeks time it's not needed.  You may also want to consider extra gear that
can be mailed ahead, spare batteries, film, meds, clothing, etc.  Also, with
lighter alternatives to what you are carrying, should leave you at an ideal
weight.

Perhaps one of my biggest mistakes was/is walking into town with extra food.
It's not likely anyone will starve to death on any trail.  My finest days
were walking into town with a single ramens, if that.

Sly