[at-l] Knife (previously, Helping a newbie).

> Reference your post, 2-20-03, under the heading
> =93Helping a newbie ...,=94 advising, =93We're both knife
> nuts.  I carry a knife that is bigger than the
> one he's got ...=94
>
> O.K., whatcha got?  Come clean now.

Currently, an Ontario Knife Company SP14
<http://www.ontarioknife.com/Internet/specplus_pg1.html> (15 1/8" overall,
somewhere near a pound)

In addition, I'll usually carry a Spiderco Original (serrated), a Leatherma=
Wave tool, and a Leatherman Micra.  Occasionally I will also carry a Cold
Steel Voyager (4").  I have lost my folder enough times that it is
convenient to have a spare in the deep deep.  If I can't do everything I
need to with those, then I'm in trouble.  LOL!  If I'm going into the deep
deep, then I'll trade the Spiderco for a tomahawk - something unnecessary o=
the AT.

For many years I carried the same knife Bob has, which is a Cold Steel Tant=
(11 1/2" overall, 9.5 oz.).  In addition he has a 4" Cold Steel Voyager, a
Leatherman Wave tool, and a Leatherman Micra.  He then opted in addition to
carry the SwissChamp...

I am a very hardcore believer in a good fixed blade knife.  I should note
that such a thing is probably totally unnecessary on the AT, and I'd
probably just carry a 4 or 5 inch Cold Steel Voyager folder...

Shane