[at-l] Denali

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 00:24, Shane Steinkamp wrote:
> > A horizon and sky that goes on forever. The midnight sun
> > dipping down and kissing the river.  Riding in the boats
> > on the Yukon ... <Hastily Snipped>
>
> Susan, PLEASE avoid posts like this in the future.  This kind of thing is
> very dangerous for some of us, and you shouldn't go on like that.  You'll
> have us packed up and out the door without so much as a kiss goodbye.  If I
> weren't chained to this computer, I'd be out the door now...  Alas...
>
> Don't look at any of Papa Bear's pictures either.  They're just as bad...

Having spent my childhood near Delta Junction, AK, I'd have to agree
with you.  There was just something about being 9 years old and having
600 miles of woods at the end of our back yard.  There was a small
clearing about a mile back in the forest that was usually overrun with
wild strawberries in the summer, and made a great place for snowball
wars and Aurora watching in the winter.  We could also see Mt McKinley
and several other large peaks of the Alaska Range from our front yard.

I always have the urge to head back north.  I went up to Anchorage on a
business trip back in '00 and almost didn't return. Hopefully I'll be
able to talk the wife into moving up there some day.

--
Christopher L McNabb
Operating Systems Analyst         Email: cmcnabb@4mcnabb.net