Re[8]: [at-l] another stove question

> The clue is - you can't work those numbers on an
> equivalent weight basis.  You have to work them from a
> thermal equivalent basis because you're comparing solid
> fuel to gaseous fuel.  They're not directly equitable on a
> "per kg" basis.

Yeah, I know.  Which is why I said, prezactly, "LPG emits 15 times more CO2
(carbon dioxide) per kg than wood, and kerosene nearly 10 times as much.
That's not surprising, since LPG and kerosene are more energy 'concentrated'
than wood.  By heat energy, kerosene provides 5.25 times the heat energy as
the same weight of dry wood.

BUT, for that same amount of heat, that kerosene produces about twice as
much CO2 as wood for the same heat energy."

BTW, I count just fine thank you.  It's chemistry that screws me up...

I won't argue about particulates, although properly gasified, very little
particulate is produced.  Check out the links...

Shane