[at-l] stove use in the shelter

> Who can name a wood floor shelter, which is more than a couple years old,
> and which doesn't have scorches on the floor?
The issue isn't scorching the shelter floor, burning down the shelter, or
even starting a forest fire. The issue is endangering the other shelter
occupants. Most shelters don't have alternate emergency exits. If others are
using the shelter, you have people moving around near easily tipped over
stoves. And you may have people in flammable synthetic sleeping bags in
close proximity to your easily tipped over stove.
If you happen to be with friends when you tip over your soda can stove and
the burning alcohol spreads across the floor, or you set MSR fuel bottle  on
fire,  they probably will just help you put out the fire. But if they are
strangers, you may not fair so well. With strangers you should consider
yourself lucky if all that happens is you get told off, or spend the next
hour looking for the pieces of what was your stove. Unfortunately not every
one will can be expected to excuse your laziness and lack of respect for
safety of others.
LOL Not everyone is friendly and easy going like I am.