[at-l] Re: Two 'stoves': Esbit and alcohol

--
In a message dated 2/17/2003 2:24:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jplynch@crosslink.net writes:

> Is this getting toward the ideal solution for long-distance hiking: two
> fuel sources, Esbit and alcohol?  Anyone else try turning over the
> alcohol stove and use a aluminum piece to protect the stove?
>   Hotdog, any details about this aluminum piece?  How thick? Diameter?
>  Thanks for great suggestion!

A thin piece of alum flashing bigger than the esbit tab is what I have.
Weight is
maybe .1 oz.
I also use a larger circle of alum to put under my pepsi can stove, to
protect the surface I am cooking on (made it big enough that my wind screen
just fits on it).

The 2 fuel approach may not be perfect, but I will modify my approach as I
head
up the trail (I will modify many things this way).

hotdog