[at-l] Advice on starting time

--
Hi -

I am planning a thru-hike for next year or the year after, and my "real" li=
fe will go smoother if I'm back home by Labor Day.  I'm 51 years old and in=
 reasonable, but not great, shape.  Hopefully better shape by the time I st=
art.

I'm debating whether to start on March 1 or February 15.  Any advice?  Is i=
t better for an old fart like me to have an extra week or two to do the tra=
il, or am I better off avoiding the cold weather that early in the season?

TIA for any help you can give.

Bob