[at-l] Poll

--
In a message dated 2/16/2003 9:19:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wb4pan@mindspring.com writes:

> Hey,
>
>   My backpack is almost always in the living room. Usually the contents
> are spread out, airing from the last hike. The spare bedroom is full
> of hiking stuff that should be in the basement.
>   And I'm setting home alone another weekend. Only 66 miles YTD, I can't
> seem to get off my butt and go. Every weekend I come up with another
> lame excuse. Like this ice storm for instance. IM just in one of those
> don't want to go alone slumps.
>
> chase

My Nomad is set up on the Screen porch, sleeping bags are spread out all over
the house. My (ex) office rivals an outfitter. Gear all over the room, mail
drops lined up
on tables & the floor. Food all over. My Pepsi can stove is laying on the
desk with
my wind screen & pot stand (from my latest tests). My maps guide books are
laying
in piles (the ones I haven't cut up & put in drop boxes yet). My scale is out
waiting
to weigh more gear. I am smiling, frazzled, queasy, sore, happy, excited,
scared,
my stomach is upset, my bowels forgot how to work right, and I just want to
get to Springer & start NOW. I love this mess I have become... :-)

I'm reading thru hike top 10 tips, Datto gear tips, talking to past thru
hikers (nice to
have one at a local outfitter), reading helpful emails, finishing off
maildrop lists, itineraries, and so on.

I'm freaking out, relaxing (I alternate these). I have more house & car stuff
to do
before I go, than hike stuff.

What me worry? Not... It will work out, What I don't finish, I didn't need..
;-)
I have the Angel of Strength on my side.
13 days till I hike the first blaze, less till I hit Georgia. Wahoo!

hotdog

<A HREF="www.trailjournals.com/hotdog">www.trailjournals.com/hotdog</A>