[at-l] re: Cabin Fever

And another quote from the "Art of Pilgrimage"

"Glorious it is when wandering time is come"
--from an Inuit Song

It is normal is feel some nervousness when a journey
is taken. Who knows what will happen? Will I be
successful?  And the change post trail can be a bit
scary. "Leaving behind a secure job to go hiking in
the woods for 6 mos...what are you nuts??!?" is
probably something you are hearing now.

But nothing is 100% in this life.

True story.

Growing up, there was an older couple across the
street that my family was close to. We would get their
mail when they whent to visit their daughter in New
York and every winter, my brothers and I would make
sure their driveway was shoveled. The hot cocoa and
freshly baked cookies after shoveling the driveway was
an incentive for sure. :-)

Their dream vacation was to visit Rome and the Holy
Land. They debated it...wondered if they could afford
the trip. One year they finally went.  The Tougas' saw
the Vatican and traveled in the land of the Bible.

Less than a year later, Mr. Tougas was diagnosed with
cancer of the liver. One month later he passed away.

The smart thing, the reasonable thing would be to save
up more money when they could better afford the trip.
But by that time, the dream would not have been
fulfilled.

Don't worry about what is the smart thing to do. If
you REALLY want to do this trip, then it is the right
time NOW. As the Inuit line goes,  it is a glorious
time for you now.

When you are on top of the Big K, you will not regret
the decision you have made.

Just my .02 worth...

=====