[at-l] trip from Mount Katahdin, ME to W Branch Ponds RD, ME

We did from Abol Bridge to West Branch Road in 95 in 5 days and got there
half a day early. We cheated by our daughter getting a job at West Branch
Pond Camps (Kokadjo side) that summer. She did Katadin with us and dropped
us at Abol bridge. We then walked to the Camp (a few miles down the road in
a pouring rain - better to walk in the rain than wait a half day for her to
pick us up as arranged). Rested for a a day and fattened up on great food.
She then shuttled us up to within about a 1/4 mile of the AT. The bridge was
out at that point. Four wheel drive vehicles were making the stream crossing
by fording it. We then walked out to Monson to be picked up by her as her
job ended for the summmer. I highly recommend staying at West Branch Pond
Camp - however it is not cheap.