[at-l] Re: Here's a snow thing...

Felix wrote:
> ...Today, there were these REALLY kewl snow things
> that looked like rolls of sod, or little rolls of carpet,
> all over the place. I guess it was a 'piece' of snow would
> blow, then start to roll. So, instead of a 'snowball' it was
> a 'snowroll'...

>From this morning's "Tallahassee Democrat" newspaper:

"...Heavy snow and gusting wind in the East and Midwest closed
schools, toppled tractor-trailers and created the rare phenomenon
of snow"rollers" blowing across fields in Illinois. =85snowballs
that form naturally and roll through fields like tumbleweeds..."

Also see <http://www.weathernotebook.org/transcripts/2002/01/22.html>
=09-- eArThworm in Librarian Worm mode