[at-l] What 'stinks'

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO LIST.  Reply to my email address
	nealb@midlandstech.com

I am so far behind do to a flood of materials and some crash time that I do
not know what all msgs. about "stink" is about.  Or what Jack or anyone else
is talking about.  What started all of this and why/how did it get so
vicious?

William, The Turtle

PS  Also, let me apologize for getting OT about copyright.  But the message
I saw seemed to indicate that some was thinking about doing a book or
booklet for "mass" distribution (either print or online).  I have been on
both sides of the question and know how tricky "copying" information can be.
I recently had a friend who followed the info on several "copyright" sites.
He then presented his "original" work to several people.  Luckily one of
them had experience with copyrights and now he is extensively re-writting
the book so that he will not get in trouble with MLA, APA, or the Turbian
(sp?) people.  And he is doing it more for "his" students than for profit.
So I did not want anyone on the list to do a friendly book/webpage on
backpacking and run afoul of the "copyright police."  Of course if y'all
want a big lawsuit....

FYI: Several years back in my home area the music/video police stomped a guy
who was making copies of Japanese animes.  Most were not being sold in the
US.  None were the later English versions.  And all were made for cost.  No
profit.  Limited distribution.  But they stomped him pretty good.  Because
they were copyrighted.