OT[at-l] was RE: Bringing your pack on the airplane, now Ice AgeTrail

We Badgers weren't even a state when y'all were fighting about state's
rights...
Just a bunch of German/Polish/Scandanavian homesteaders worried about
surviving the winter, getting the cows milked without freezing the old
hands off.

To make this Trail related, Wisconsin is, or has built, the Ice Age
Trail, which follows the fascinating history of the glacial fingers
that reached down into the Badger State. Anyone know anything about
it? One of our only eight national scenic trails in the United States.
Moraines, eskers, erratics, kettles, drumlins, kames, and lakes!
Fascinating! It's symbol is a mastodon - Ice Age, get it?

About 1K long, no real mountains, how long could that take?
http://www.iceagetrail.org/infocenter/faq.html

If I survive the AT, anyone want to do walk it? When I left the Dairy
State, every small town had their own cheese factory/ local brand.
That may have changed with consolidation, but local ice cream was
plentiful!

Shoot, we could crash Ryan's solitude, he promised me a beer awhile
back if I did the Trail.
;-)
Here's a map:
http://www.iceagetrail.org/infocenter/index.html

Okay, it's moving day today, back to boxes and hand trucks...