[at-l] Cleaning/sterilizing water filter elements

--
--
Legal Pad StationeryMost filter elements contain plastic, rubber and

First and foremost, your filter came with instructions - READ THEM. Clean
the filter in accordance with those instructions and you will be fine.

Second, I noticed, and remarked to this list some time ago that MSR's filter
removes the iodine from treated water. I would therefore suspect that the
iodine is/was somewhere in the filter. I would expect that it probably
helped to sterilize the filter as well as the water.

While I don't want to go overboard here, I would suggest that if you are
starting in the peak hiker months, that you be prepared to do as I did and
sterilize first, then filter your water at certain shelters along the trail.
I don't need to tell you which ones, you will know when you get there.

Lee I Joe

It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire trembling.
The trembling becomes a warning.
It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion.
-- Frank Herbert
--
[ legalpad.jpg of type image/jpeg deleted ]