[at-l] Space emergency bag

--- W F Thorneloe <thornel@attglobal.net> wrote:
> How well does it compress compared to the traditional
> space blanket sheet that folds into a small space?

It does very well -- I was surprised. Once I'd taken the
mylar bag out of the box (normally I keep it factory-folded
in the manufacturers box until I use it) I could fit the
mylar bag into a Quart Size Ziploc.

The other thing is the Space Brand Emergency Bag is tough
(much tougher than the tinsel mylar blankets I usually
carry with me for a body groundcloth). Rather than being
made of tinsel, the Space Emergency Sleeping Bag is
actually made of what looks to be (on a worn mylar bag)
some kind of plastic that is coated with the mylar
reflective material. So it didn't tear easily for me when I
was using it 24 hours a day for several days in Maine.

Datto