[at-l] Space emergency bag

--
In a message dated 2/11/2003 2:10:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
datto_atl2@yahoo.com writes:

> This is the exact model of mylar sleeping bag that I'd
> mentioned a week or so ago -- the model that saved my but
> in Maine when my sleeping bag got soaked (how'd that
> happen?) and I hit a 3 day blizzard. I got into the mylar
> sleeping bag with a liter of cooked water contained in a
> Pepsi bottle then squirmed the whole thing into my wet down
> sleeping bag. This kept me warm and in the meantime, dried
> out my down sleeping bag from the inside without adding
> more moisture/condensation to the wet down:
>
> http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&;
> catalogId=40000008000&productId=244&parent_category_rn=4500522
>
> Datto

Hmmmm.....
Mine isn't a bag, but I have a 7 foot by 5 foot emergency space blanket and
enough duct tape to make it one. Mine is silver on the inside & orange on the
outside, weighs about 3 ounces & has Emergency Wilderness survival
instructions on the outside.

I can wrap it around me when I stop in cold weather, or use it as you did in
emergencies.

Thanks for the input,

Russ
<A HREF="www.trailjournals.com/hotdog">www.trailjournals.com/hotdog</A>