[at-l] Bringing your pack on the airplane

I would suggest going to your airline website and  downloading the entire
list of prohibited carry-on items. It is a long list.  Boston Logan has
probably the tightest air security in the US. If you try to carry-on a
multi-tool, they will find it and detain you and possibly worse. When I went
through Boston/Logan in December everyone got the same special treatment:
body inspections with shoes and belts off. All carry-on luggage was hand
inspected. The metallic sensors in the scanners are set so sensitively that
even the individual rivets and the zipper on my jeans set the scanner off.
...The one upside to all this added security (aside from the obvious
increase in safety, real or imagined) is that airlines aren't losing or
misplacing nearly as much luggage these days.  We're I you, having been thru
both Atlanta and Boston recently, I would feel secure tossing the pack into
a cheap duffel or box and checking the works.  FYI... the leatherman is OK
(as is the needle) in the checked bags. That's where it's supposed to go.
(make sure your bag gets tagged properly too) Caleb