[at-l] Tarping?

I have no experience with using a tarp.  I'm here in Central Texas, and the
bug load is generally VERY heavy.  However, we are in our last couple weeks
of low-bug season and I was thinking about trying it out.
What I've got is an old EMS bag cover (waterproof nylon bottom, nylon top)
that a buddy gave me.  It's rectangular and has peg holes in the corners.  I
was thinking about using it with my big poncho pinned at the bottom  ready
as a pull-over in case of rain.
In the "real world" would I want a chunk of bug netting to pull over my
head?
Or am I just playing with stuff because I have it.

We had a dusting of snow Saturday morning (first in seven years)  - and it
was 72 Sunday afternoon.
Chuck Kichline
http://www.kichline.com/chuck