[at-l] Anyone go hiking this weekend?

We had two really good short hikes this weekend.  Nowhere fancy, just a
couple of local trails that were covered with fresh snow from Friday's
storm.  Not deep enough to snowshoe, but deep enough to stay firm and white
despite the sunshine and the many people and animals who were out walking
and skiing.

Seems like everyone else had the same idea - I never saw so many dogs and
people along what is usually a pretty quiet trail, but it was worth it.
(Northwest Branch Trail for those in the DC area -- a very pretty serene
walk along a wide stream, with a waterfall, deer, beavers and lots of birds,
right in the middle of suburbia.)

After everything that has been going on for the past two weeks, it was so
wonderful to experience crunching snow, blue skies, sunshine and just moving
my body freely over the trail.  For a little while, we could forget -

Ginny