Re[2]: [at-l] OT! Cost to Enter National Parks may go up...

The solution to this is simple, hikers can buy an annual passport just like
drivers. It lets them enter any NP at no additional cost. But I doubt that
you'll see any attempt to charge people hiking thru a park, these fees are
aimed at cars and the occasional biker who passes thru a main gate.

> If more fee gates are added, hikers hitch hiking for resupply
> might be impacted,
> somewhat. However, we may also see the system that is used at
> some national
> forest campgrounds in which you have to deposit a fee in a locked
> container,
> when you pick up a camping permit.

They do out west, but I haven't seen it in the east.