[at-l] Electric Sheep?

Aside from potentially greater vulnerability in lightening storms and the
possible effect of magnetic fields on the human body this would be totally
impractical for a thru-hiker.  Electrical heat generation requires *lots*
of electricity.  You think your digital camera eats batteries?  Wait until
you see the appetite of an electric jacket.  Does the average hiker have
enough surface area for photocells to recharge them?  I doubt it and even
if he/she did, what happens when you have cold rain for 5-7 days in a
row?  This idea is 'outdoor wear' for walking your dog.