From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Datto
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 5:41 PM
To: Katie Adelsberger; at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] worth the weight

--- Katie Adelsberger <honuchan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 2. How much use would a pair of Tevas get?

I started at Springer carrying a cheap pair of sandles
(about 8 ounces or so) but sent them home pretty quickly to
save weight (the sandels and a few other things). Most
thru-hikers did likewise with their sandels (although a few
carried them all the way to Katahdin).

I'd say if you're carrying the usual Teva type sandels that
weigh in at say 16 ounces you might get the idea to send
them home after oh...Sassafras Mountain in Georgia.

Datto