[at-l] why aren't hikers like this?

Interesting post there Mr. Sloe Toe.

As this hiker trash is getting more into running
starting to see the other side of things, if you will.

I am ALMOST back to my PCT shape (yaaaay!). Lost 6-8
lbs since Jan 1st. The legs are getting back to the
muscular shape they were in and the clothes seem a bit
looser. The last of Mom's home cooking is finally
going away. :-)

I am also, much to my chagrin, enjoying running.

Last night it was lightly snowing out. What did I do?
Went on my usual night run.  Enjoying running for some
of the same reasons why I enjoy hiking. There is no
one but me to push myself, it is simple to do in terms
of equipment, makes me feel a lot less stressed out, I
feel better after doing it.

I can tell I am enjoying running because my mind
wanders and can do some thinking. Notice the softly
falling snow, the foothills with clouds on the very
top, and the soft sound as my feet hit the snow.

So will the backpack be hung up and traded in for a
running jersey? Probably not. But I am starting to see
why people enjoy running.  I am even entertaining the
thought or running a marathon in September. :-)

=====