[at-l] 2003 Goals

On the chance I will meet some of you out there this year, here's a quick
look at my tentative 2003 schedule:

1) April 21st: Boston Marathon.  This will be my 4th Boston and I'm off from
hiking till after this.  Gotta train, goota run.  Seems like training for a
marathon get's harder and harder, now why would that be? <grin>

2) May: AT Section Harper's Ferry to the Delaware Water Gap.  I figure this
is about 3 weeks of hiking but I may have to break it off and finish it up
in June due
to other commitments.  Any good stopping points around 2 weeks out of HF?
Anyone expecting to be in this section in May?

3) June; weekenders and perhaps finish the above section.

4) July: Hut hopping across the Whites for 7 days followed by more Whites
hiking by atttending the ATC convention up there in July.  Anyone wanna hut
hop?  Anyone gonna be at the ATC conference?  If you've not hiked the Whites
(and you're not thru hiking this year) this would be a great introduction.
See: http://www.atc2003.org/

5) August:  Visit Oregon and hike parts of the PCT with my daughter. Maybe a
side trip to Alaska with my wife and daughter.  Maybe throw in a 6th jaunt
of the Hood to Coast Relay while I'm there (my running club has 2 teams
registered).

6) September: Finish Maine (Stratton to K).  After this I will be done with
the norther half of the AT.  In 2004 (if I'm still in the mood) I'll
flip-flop down to HF and start the southern sections.  Maybe finish in a few
more years.  But once I
get to Springer (with side trips to Mitchell and Oglethorpe, of course) you
can be sure I'll reflip back to Maine and redo Katahdin, the only proper
terminus worth the name <g>.  Maybe even do a winter Katahdin summit trip.

See you out there.
Pb