[at-l] why aren't hikers like this?

--
LOL....

I don't know what it is, but I just love the challenge, nasty weather poses.
I remember a similar experience going over Mt Moosilauke, my first time above
treeline, in ages, in a complete whiteout (fog).  You had to trust youself to
hike far enough in order to see the next cairn and the wind was howling.  All
of a sudden and out of the mist comes a southbounder.  We both burst out
laughing, at nothing in particular, each remarking at what an awesome day it
was, and wished each other the best.

Sly