[at-l] Re: HYOH?

When you run into a situation like this and thoughtfully evaluate it: lost
pack, been there for hours, steep drop offs; car in parking lot, dangerous
temperatures, trail leading off into the boondocks; then you have two
choices:

1) Do nothing and ignore the evidence before you. The results of this are a)
no problem there was an innocent explanation or b) someone is put into
danger. This is the "evolution in action" solution which I find politically
interesting but otherwise faulty.

or you can

2) Call the professional rescue people: the police, and let them use their
judgment and resources to evaluate the situation.

I think the ethical choice is obvious.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"