[at-l] My Gear List - HELP!

--- Adkhiker2003@wmconnect.com wrote:
> I finally weighed all my gear that I would bring on a
> thru hike if I left
> tomorrow.  I am not looking at going ultra light but I

Probably won't need the rope.

The rain jacket at 30 oz may be a bit too heavy for a
thru-hike.

The fleece alone may not be enough warmth without an
insulated jacket instead of the fleece. You could probably
get an insulated jacket that would keep you much warmer
than fleece for almost the same amount of weight.

The match kit is probably not necessary if you have a
butane lighter

Stove/Bottle/Fuel at 32 oz is probably too much weight for
a thru-hike -- might want to look at an alcohol stove or if
you have a resupply person then an Esbit stove

The backpack at 7 lbs is a bit heavy for a thru-hike.

Sleeping Pad/Kit at 32 oz is probably too heavy -- might
wnat to look at an Ultralite Thermarest or if you can get
by with a Ridgerest or Z-Rest.

Duo fold shit -- you may find plenty of this already right
along the Trail, particularly in Georgia. Ha.

Datto