[at-l] Tikka, Zipka or Zoom

This is another YMMV issue driven primarily by hiking styles, comfort
levels, night vision, etc.  As I've gotten older, I hike shorter day and use
less light at night, in camp.

I am now using an LED head lamp -- the Petzl Tikka LED Headlamp.  For three
seasons it is fine around camp and on well marked trails.  However, in the
winter the cold does a number on the AAA batteries.  I am going to buy a
light for cold weather that has the batteries located where you can wear a
hat over them (such as Black Diamond Gemini Headlamp) or on a wire that will
allow you to put them inside your coat.  Also, I would not want to rely on
my Tikka on a dark night where the treadway is not very clear.  I know of a
number of balds, rockfeilds, open pasture crossings, etc, which I doubt I
could find the trail across w/o a much srtonger, much more spotlight focused
light than the Tikka.

The Black Diamond Gemini Headlamp also has the advantage of two lights.  I
suspect that two lights are better than one. It combines a bright,
route-finding Halogen spot-light with a power-conserving LED light. The down
side is that it weighs a tad over seven ounces -- albeit other duals go over
a pound.

If anyone has any experience w/ the Gemini Headlamp, I love to hear about
it.

Chainsaw