[at-l] Time Flies

Today is the last day of January. I had thought I would be completely
packed up by now. Ha! That didn't happen.

So here I am, behind schedule. Tomorrow is the First Day of my Month
of Leaving. There is still so much to do!

I realized something yesterday. One aspect of hiking that I treasure
so much came into focus.

You know how, at home, you can work, work, work and there's STILL
something hanging over your head to do? Always? It nags there in the
background like a distant drumbeat (or, not so distant, depending on
one's propensity for guilt). I am never finished.

But when I hike, that uncompleted sensation disappears. What needs to
get done gets done.

Ahhh.... at the end of the hiking day, the last burden de jour is when
I lay down my head.
Which is as it should be.

Okay, back to the real world...

Procrastinating Shoe