[at-l] hitching

<PRE>I like the bandana idea.I do have a story to go with the hitching
discussion.We were getting off the trail at Smithville Rd in Maryland with
our 13 year old grandson in June of 2001.I was going to walk with the traffic
so I could stick out my thumb.My husband wouldn't hear of it and insisted we
walk facing traffic with the lecture that if someone wanted to give us a ride
they would stop,sooooooooooooo,I let him walk ahead with the grandson behind
him while I stuck out my thumb when I saw a pu truck headed where we were
going,they stopped and of course my husband said,"See I told you someone
would stop if they wanted to give us a ride"!Well you can believe my grandson
had a few things to tell his pawpaw.He is still telling this story.It was one
of the highlights of his hike!tattoogranny