[at-l] Weight and exercise

Some people may not care for "western" science
(observing, recording evidence and using it to
formulate facts sounds more like HUMAN science to me.
After all, it was those people in Arabia via those
people in India who formulated the cornerstone of
modern mathematics..but I digress)..but diet shmiets.
Weight loss is no magical art. More calories in
output..less calories in.

Run more..eat less Twinkies.

To heck with protein shakes, grapefruits, overloading
on steaks, low car beer or whatever seems to be the
latest diet craze.

When I walked from GA-ME 5 years ago, I was approx 25
lbs overweight. 5 mos later, I was underweight. Why?
What mircale diet plan did I use?  Nada.  (Unless you
count gorging on ice cream, burgers and pizza when I
got the chance).  Just walked almost every day.

In a less extreme sense, I am almost back to my PCT
weight and shape. Running 4-5 days a weeks is letting
me gain back the muscle tone and lose the weight of
the Rhody visit (and two mos of post trail funk)
caused.

Sorry for the rant..but for the average person (i.e
barring health issues.), it is much easier to avoid
the diet plan of the week and just do some a simple
plan of exercise and moderating what you eat. Seen too
many of my family members and friends over the years
try these fad diets and they just don't work in the
long run.

I readily admit I do not have any advanced medical or
science training . But, I would like to think I have
experience in losing and trying to keep weight off. I
am not a naturally thin person the metabolism is not
espically fast. Yeah...I groan when the alarm goes off
in the morning...and sometimes when I get home from
work at night the thought of putting some exercise in
doesn't seem too great. But you know what? Half an
hour or so of my time a few times a week is worth it.

Gotta get off the caffiene. (Yeah..I know..another bad
habit. :D)

=====