Re[2]: [at-l] Re: [ at-l ] maps

>"...Stay found. Know how to use a map, and don't go into the woods without
>one." urges TJ.

I would only add, especially in Maine and through the Whites in New Hampshire.
The Whites contain a maze of sometimes confusing intersecting trails. The trail
in Maine winds through a maze of confusing, logging roads,almost none of which
have signs telling you which direction is civilization.

I get lost regularly in my truck in the Maine woods. It's even easier to get
lost walking. Even those consummate woodsmen Bill Bryson and Katz managed to get
lost in Maine.

Besides, a fifth of the MATC annual budget comes from the sale of maps and a
guide book.

Weary