[at-l] AT 2005

     Well as some of you know that I am planning on hiking the AT in 2005
after I retire from worlds largest canoe club.  I am thinking  about 3
months to hike  before I jump back into the job market and I was hoping to
walk from Springer to Harpers Ferry  Things were a little iffy financially
until yesterday when my wife got a great job as an office manager.
The only catch I have to work is getting off the trail in June to go to my
daughters High School Graduation.

     Now here are my questions.

1)    How long does it take normally  to walk from Springer to Harpers
Ferry?

2)    Looking at my maps last night I noticed in some stretches I would
have to go 60+ miles between resupply.  Never going that far before how
long will it take me to cover that in GA/NC so I can get a feel for how
many days to plan for meals.

I am fully aware that YMMV ( your mileage may vary ).  I am just looking to
get a feel.  Plan on doing a good shake down hike and using town resupply
this summer so I can get a feel for things.

Thanks!

Sparky!