[at-l] Sock Liners

>"...I am seriously thinking of keeping liners off my feet..."

I haven't used liner socks in years -- ever since I gave up wool boot socks and
replaced them with Thurlos.

 I fought blisters for the first several hundred miles in '93. Then another
 hiker suggested Thurlo socks. I bought a pair and never had another blister.

 Two pairs got me all the way to Katahdin. I later bought additional pairs at
 the Thurlo factory store in Statesville, NC. After a bit they all got jumbled
 together so I never knew which were the originals and which were newer. But
 recently four socks developed holes under the heel, which suggests the
 originals lasted a long time.

 Only the heaviest Thurlos, however, have this longevity. I also wear lighter
 versions for every day use, which wear well, but nothing like the heavy sock.

 The heavy Thurlos used to be called "Trekkers." The name a few years ago was
 changed to "backpacker" or something like that. But I think they are the same
 sock. The company also made a lighter hiking sock that was less comfortable and
 wore out much faster. The last time I was in Stateville I was told that variety
 had been discontinued.

 Weary