[at-l] Majority of Americans Want More Wilderness

71 percent -
> believe that 10 percent or more of all lands in the United States should be
> protected as wilderness. When told that in fact only 4.7 percent of the land
> in the U.S. has been permanently protected, almost two-thirds feel that is
> "not enough."

<rant>

So there exists some large percentage of Americans (more than 5%) who think
that we need to protect more than 10 percent of our land as wilderness, but
who *at the same time* think that the current 4.7 percent of protected land
is really enough.

This is another indication of the quality of mathematics education in
America. Or else it's an indication of the quality of the poll questions. Or
maybe they just randomly polled the half of Americans with IQ's below 100.
Or maybe aliens removed the brains of the pollsters. Who knows. But it
restores my faith in democracy, I'll tell you that.

</rant>

Ken