From: <Adkhiker2003@wmconnect.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 6:32 PM
Subject: [at-l] Sock Liners

--
Sunday after the ruck my wife and I went on what we thought was going to be
quick hike looking for letterboxes.   It turned out to be over a 6 mile hike
and two trips up a mountain and down an icy powerline trail.

    I thought I would try not wearing a liner and just wear my regular
wicker
hiking socks.  While thinking the entire time that I may be sorry that I
decided to do this... Well I wasn't, I already have VERY comfortable boots (
Asolo GTX95s) but without my liners my feet I did not get that clammy
feeling
and my feet were not tired.

    I always thought the rule was to wear liners to avoid blisters... But I
am seriously thinking of keeping liners off my feet unless I get hot spots
in
the future..

   Anyone have any thoughts on this?