[at-l] PA RUCK

The PA RUCK was a great success!!  I hope someone did
an official count, but I think there were more there
than last year.  It was great!  The slid show of Miss
Janet's was so-o-o neat, even though I didn't know
most of the people in the slides because I didn't hike
in 2002. That was a neat idea to do...keep it up Miss
Janet!

Thanks also to Ready and Spur for the slides of the
PCT. They were fantastic!  I'm ready to do that trail
after I finish the AT this year. Tell me what kind of
camera you used if you don't mind.  I know it was
digital, but which one?

The food was phenominal.  I never saw so many desserts
in all my life...and pies!...we had PIES! Whoever made
the real lite peanut butter pie, I would like the
recipe.  Thank you again, Tom, for sharing a bite.

Thanks to Takoma Ted for providing the musical
entertainment.  For those of you that enjoy his music
and have his first CD...the second one will be out
soon.  I'll let you know when. Hutch and I listened to
it on the way home (the demo)and it's just as good as
the first one.

There was a big group of people there planing their
first AT hike.  Boy, did they have a lot of questions.
 Baltimore Jack was able to fill them in on many of
the details of thru-hiking on Saturday during his
talk.  I wasn't in there listening, but after 3
hours...they must have learned something!!! (Okay,
maybe I'm stretching it a bit.)

Anyway, what a good time Hutch and I had.  We met so
many people from this list and new people just
planning their trips.  How about the two hikers doing
that 3-stage challenge!  They had biked across Canada,
canoed down part of the US (not sure where) and were
doing there AT hike as the last part, which they are
doing now. They timed it just right to be at the
hostel for The RUCK.  Really they didn't know about it
until the day before from Gucci and Pooch who ran into
them in Boiling Springs.

Enough from me.  I'm sure others will have reports
too.

Hutch and Sparrow (2001 & 2003)