Re [at-l] RANT PATC''s Ongoing tradition of public service and volunteerism for sale

It is not "perks" that frost me.

For all I care, they can sell all the "perks" anyone is willing to buy, at
whatever price folk are willing to pay -- as long as the money goes to the
trail system and related recreational activities.  Raising money for these
uses is a good and necessary thing.

As I said in my original rant, "It is their blatant equating of 'paying to
use a cabin, or to go on a trip,' with being part of AT trail builder's
'ongoing tradition of public service and volunteerism'."  IMHO, "public
service and volunteerism" is not / or should not be for sale.

There has been more and more discussion of getting volunteers out of the
trail business and just raising money (taxes, dues, user fees, etc.) to pay
folk to do the work.  BTW, that is not (to the best of my knowledge) the
PATC official position -- albeit their behavior seems to be headed that way,
IMHO.

This is my last post, as I have probably said too much already.

Chainsaw