[at-l] Magical Moments - A Pictorial Essay From My 2001 hike

The posts describing magical moments has inspired me to pull a few
[well, maybe more than a few!] of my favorite picture moments from my
2001 AT Hike.  Hope you find a bit of magic in some of them! :)

1)  Top of Springer - the picture does not do justice to the subtle
beauty of the green colors I saw that day . . .
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aad

2)  Dusting of Snow - View from Blood Mtn.
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aas

3)  White Snow, White Blaze
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/abc

4)  Tunnel of White and Green
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/acn

5)  Fontana Lake with a shoulder of gold
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/acr

6)  Snow frames it all . . .
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/adf

7)  Ice, light and sky . . .
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/adk

8)  Slab rocks framed by snow - near Clingman's Dome
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/ado

9)  Manmade and natural curves and lines . . .
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/ads

10)  Sunlight and fog - just north of Newfound Gap
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/ady

11)  The Trail leads onward - vertical panorama shot - perhaps my
favorite of all as capturing the magic of the AT . . .
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aek

12)  Water, moss and rocks - vertical panorama shot
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/afa

13)  Green saddle - Max Patch
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/afl

14)  This picture does not do justice to the magical atmosphere of Unaka
Mountain, but it brings back memories of that magical spot . . .
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/ahd

15)  Clouds and Mountains - Overmountain Shelter hidden in there!
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/ahu

16)  Panorama of the Hump Mountains - again, this pic does not do
justice to this magical place!
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aia

17)  Magical Snow, Light and Mountains, near Laurel Creek
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aip
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aiq

18)  Signs of Spring - near Watauga Lake
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aiv

19)  Approaching the top of Whitetop Mtn. - it was magical to see, and
to know that our elevation gain of more than 2,000 feet was over! :)
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/aju

20)  "Magical" signs of spring in the Grayson Highlands!  [just had to
include this one again!]  :)
http://gallery.backcountry.net/ThruThinker-2001AT/akm

Well, it seems like I have a hard time posting just a few - more to come
  sometime soon . . .

Re the vertical panorama shots, I hate the way they look on the CD pics
that are on the website, but prints from the negatives do not have the
ugly film negative border, and you can always crop that out if you
download one to print.  Also, if anyone ever wants a larger file size of
any of these pics, just e-mail me off-list.