[at-l] A Question for You Trail Geniuses

--
In a message dated 1/24/03 11:07:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ATGonnaBe03@aol.com writes:

> I have a question for you who know all this stuff:  What is a "locked
> cabin?"
> I know that it is a cabin that is locked, but, since they seem to be in
> places where I'd like to get in, I want to know how to change them into
> unlocked cabins.

       Presumably, the reference is to the locked cabins maintained by PATC
in Virginia.  They are open to club members, and some are open to the general
public, but only by advance reservation.  They are locked so that
unauthorized people don't use them.  If you make a reservation in advance, I
think that you are sent a key to the cabin.

                   Daniel Chazin