[at-l] Tent Waterproofing

Hi, all.  I'm fairly new to the list and hiking.  I've done a few
multi-day trips with at-risk teens from down here in Florida, using
the program's gear.  But I want to attempt a thru-hike in a few years
and have started gathering up my own stuff.

I have an old Wenzel 3-person dome tent that needs to be
waterproofed.  (I've already seam sealed it.)  It's 1.9 oz. nylon
taffeta, but I don't know whether it's coated or uncoated, breathable
or non-breathable, because I don't know the terminology.

I'm looking at Nikwax products (http://www.nikwax-usa.com/) trying to
figure out which one I need and how much of it.  (Or is Nikwax not
the only/best option?)

Can you help?  I've learned a lot from you guys already.  Thanks.