[at-l] dumbest thing

I brought a group of High School kids backpacking with me in the White
Mountains.  We met before the hike to discuss what they should bring and how
to keep their packs light.  One of the kids - Rachel - showed up at the
trailhead with a stuffed spider monkey.  I asked her what it was for and she
said she planed on using it as a pillow.  Well, that was not too bad.  But,
after 7 hours of hiking mostly up-hill, we arrived at Eliza Brook Shelter.
Rachel put her pack down and asked me where she should put her TV so that
everyone would be able to see.  Not only had she carried a portable TV, she
had a Walkman Tape player, a CD player, a case of tapes, a case of CDs and
small speakers.  I finally understood why she was wearing all of her
clothing.  She had no room left in her backpack.  Twelve months later we
hiked together again in Shenandoah National Park.  Rachel was carrying a 12
lb pack before food and water.  She ended up being the best hiker I ever
taught hiking.
                                                        Art