[at-l] Near-Winter hiking, was Winter Hiking

--
In a message dated 1/22/2003 11:16:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
icw@esisnet.com writes:

> my lightweight gear contribution for the year:  what's wrong with
> sitting on either your pack [sit on the lower sleeping bag compartment
> part to assure that you don't "squish" anything], or on your regular
> sleeping pad?

Yeah, my pack is also my sitting chair during breaks.  For extended breaks
I'll use my Z-Rest and maybe go for a nap.

Although I knew my Dana Terraplane could handle the abuse, I wasn't sure if
the ULA P-2 would hold my weight, but it did, with flying colors!

Sly