[at-l] lightweight packs & Gregory Whitney

--
In a message dated 1/22/03 4:40:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
MrCharlesENelson@aol.com writes:

>  I have a Gregory Shasta(2002 model) which has the same exact suspension
> system, just not all the different outside pockets of the Whitney.  I love
> it.  It is a tad on the "heavy" side- 6 lbs for 5,000 ci, but I will tell
> you that you can't feel the weight of the packwhile carrying it.  Gregory's
> shoulder harnes and hipbelt are AWESOME!!!!

       I, too, have a Gregory Shasta (although it is an older model).  It was
sold to me by a friend who then worked in the backpack department of Campmor.
 He kept on telling me how great the pack is (he claimed that it was the best
pack that Campmor sells, with the possible exception of one that costs much
more).  Then, one day, when I visited him at the store, he spent about 45
minutes customizing one of the Gregory Shasta packs to fit me.  Of course,
when he was finished, I had little choice but to buy it.  I have been very
pleased with it, and find that is extremely comfortable.

                   Daniel Chazin
                   Teaneck, NJ