[at-l] Looking for AT presentation ideas

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 04:18  PM, Shane Steinkamp wrote:
>> I'm going to give a short (15-20min) presentation
>> tomorrow about my AT hike to a Cub Scout pack.
>
> Well, today was tomorrow yesterday...so how did it go?

It went really well.  We set up the projector and played the
slide show behind me while I talked with the scouts.  I walked
in with my pack on.  After talking about the trail itself for
a bit, I asked the kids what they thought I would have to have
with me in the woods and then took things out of my pack as they
came up with answers (water, food, clothes, sleeping bag etc.)

They had great questions and of course I got the expected
six months, having to dig a hole when a privy wasn't available,
and seeing rattlesnakes and bears.

It was a lot of fun.  One of the fathers has an older son in
the Boy Scouts, so I will probably be doing this again for
the older group soon.

Radar www.trailjournals.com/gwright
AT2002,PCT2003?,CDT?