From: Jan Leitschuh <janl2@mindspring.com>
To: AT-List <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Subject: [at-l] PRE-Thru-Hike Appetite
Sender: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:49:49 -0500

I've always heard about the raging hiker appetite, and of people
blowing up weight-wise post-Trail, but this is a new one of me.

I've been eating like a HORSE since Christmas and put on seven pounds.
It's like my body is freaking out, fearing the upcoming starvation. My
appetite is enormous.

Has anyone who thru-ed else noticed this phenomenon? Maybe my normal
"governor" is just removed because I know I'll hike it off.
Yikes, hope I don't bust anything between then and now!

Glutton Shoe